Having an excellent guide is vital for any visit to Peru. At Aracari, we go a step further.
Top Peru Specialists with Aracari
We’ll introduce you to our top Peru specialists, an unparalleled network of contacts and friends who are specialists in their field, rather than traditional tourist guides. They include world-leading experts in archaeology, anthropology, the arts and food. Often facilitating behind-the-scenes visits and exclusive access visits in Peru, they’ll provide you with a true insider’s perspective to the destinations you visit. Many of these characters do not have traditional tourism backgrounds and choose to work exclusively with Aracari both in Peru and Bolivia: they are like-minded, enthusiastic professionals, eager to make personal connections and share their specialist passions with you.
All the top Peru specialists below – and more – can be included as part of any luxury travel Peru itinerary. Contact us now for expert travel advice and suggestions.
Insider Experiences iN Peru and Bolivia with Aracari Specialists:
- Enjoy dinner with a National Geographic expedition leader, writer, and photographer who holds an encyclopedic knowledge of Peru and countless tales from his days as an explorer
- Sip on a Pisco sour during a private visit of Monasterio with our Colonial Andean art expert
- Visit colourful local markets and learn to cook with a top professional chef who opens her home up to Aracari guests for interactive workshops and demonstrations
- Take a Jewish heritage tour of Lima with a well-connected member of the Lima Jewish community and regional expert on Judiasm in Peru, who prepares a Kosher lunch in her family apartment
- Visit Lima’s top museums guided by the curator
- Explore Cusco with a professor in anthropology to learn about the lives of the Incas, human rights in contemporary Andean populations and bilingual education in rural communities – among many other topics!
- Head to Lima’s downtown with an architecture professor, as recommended by Conde Nast traveller’s Top 10 Cool Things To Do In Lima
- Visit archaelogical sites in the North of Peru accompanied by the project directors who will open up areas of restoration and conservation work usually closed to the public, such as at Huaca de la Luna along the Moche Route, where the Head of the Archaeological project facilitates exclusive access
- Meet the ‘The most important living Bolivian artist’ as he explains his work at his gallery in La Paz
We work with many more top Peru specialists keen to offer insider experiences in Peru and Bolivia. Contact us now to let us know your interests and we’ll ensure we connect you with characters that make your luxury travel peru journey memorable.
Top Peru Specialists: Nilda Callañaupa, Founder & Director of the Center for Traditional Textiles
Top Peru Specialists: Peter Frost, Writer, Photographer and National Geographic Expedition Leader
Top Peru Specialists: Lisy Kuon, Colonial Art Historian and Anthropologist
Contact us for a tailormade itinerary with the opportunity to meet and be guided by our top Peru specialists.