The Private Machu Picchu Train is the only private train charter to Machu Picchu, with an exclusive train car available for small groups.
The Private Machu Picchu Train
With classic contemporary interior design, a dedicated bar and fine-dining on board, riding The Private Machu Picchu train is an exclusive, once-in-a-lifetime train ride.
Greeted with chilled champagne and an assortment of chocolates, settle into one of the spacious armchairs to enjoy the views from the ample windows to Machu Picchu, or take in the scenery from the private balcony. A gourmet tasting menu using exotic local ingredients is served on board, accompanied by fine wines from South America. There is also an open-bar stocked with well-known drink brands. Entertainment is provided with live music. When you arrive at the station in Aguas Calientes, at the foot of Machu Picchu, you will be escorted to your bus to the citadel – the bus journey is included in the cost of the private charter.
The Private Machu Picchu Train Times (2018)
The train operates daily. These are the train times to and from Ollataytambo in the Sacred Valley. Please contact us for the latest train times and availability.
- Depart Ollantaytambo at 06:40 and arrive at Machu Picchu at 08:01
- Depart Ollantaytambo at 11:15 and arrive at Machu Picchu at 12:45
- Depart Ollantaytambo at 16:36 and arrive at Machu Picchu at 18:09
- Depart Machu Picchu at 08:30 and arrive at Ollantaytambo at 10:10
- Depart Machu Picchu at 14:30 and arrive at Ollantaytambo at 16:04
- Depart Machu Picchu at 19:00 and arrive at Ollantaytambo at 20:32
Alternative Luxury Trains to Machu Picchu
The luxurious Belmond Hiram Bingham Train is the best alternative luxury train to Machu Picchu, offer five-star service.