Culinary Travel in Peru: The Best Food and Drink and Where to Find It
With three Peruvian restaurants included on the prestigious 2015 World’s Best 50 Restaurants list, Peru’s transition from renegade upstart to a fully-fledged equal among the world’s culinary superpowers seems complete. Exploding onto the international food scene over the last decade, the country is now widely regarded as one of the world’s principal food travel destinations with a proliferation of restaurants – from fine dining to hidden local markets – vying for the visitor’s attention.
But trying to navigate the country’s ever-changing dining scene can be a daunting task, especially for the visitor on a tight schedule and with limited Spanish. Restaurants come and go on a constant basis, the web is packed with thousands of dubious recommendations, and sometimes the best experiences are those that only the locals know about.
Culinary Travel in Peru, our free downloadable ebook, is the perfect solution. With over 100 pages packed with expert curated recommendations, this guide is an indispensable manual to the country’s food and drink highlights. Download the free guide now, and either print it out or save it to your tablet or mobile for easy reference during your trip.
- Hundreds of comprehensive restaurant listings, from top-end dining to casual local haunts, organised by region and budget.
- Recommended culinary experiences, including markets, events, festivals and cookery courses.
- Background reading on the major regional styles, culinary history and key dishes.
- Resources section including key words & phrases, ordering guide and overview of ingredients.
- Foreword by Pedro Miguel Schiaffino, one of Peru’s top chefs and founder of renowned ámaZ Restaurant.